Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Decision

Recently I contacted Comcast to determine when my contract would end and to see if they would offer me a deal.
Well after paying 80$ a month for 1 year then 100 a month for a second year for 1 HD DVR and HBO with digital plus and Internet they wanted to raise my bill to 130$ for the same service. I tried to haggle and hoped the canceling would bring them around but no luck.
Previously whenever Comcast would raise my bill I would call and call again and always managed to get the bill lowered.
Now they will be canceling my service on July 21. And raising my Internet from 44$ to 57$
So I have decided to kill cable , buy an antenna, and buy a Roku XDS with Hulu Plus and possibly Netflix.
I previously wanted the Boxee Box but the lack of Hulu Plus was the deal killer.
I will be detailing our configuration update in following posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment